The Operations and Business Manager will help oversee the Embrace Boston daily operations and assist in the development of new earned-revenue opportunities for our growing and maturing enterprise. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing operational policies and procedures, providing administrative and operating support, improving administrative and operational systems, and collaborating with various stakeholders to develop new and exciting business opportunities.
- Develop and implement new operational policies and procedures within Embrace Boston to improve organizational efficiency;
- Coordinate policies and procedure implementations with the Boston Foundation, collaborating with internal partners to ensure alignment and legal compliance;
- Coordinate policies and procedure implementations with external vendors and partners to ensure alignment and legal compliance;
- Evaluate and improve existing administrative and operational systems within Embrace Boston to enhance efficiency and effectiveness;
- Collaborate with Embrace Boston team members to ensure effective communication and coordination of enterprise operations;
- Assist in the development and implementation of Embrace Boston’s strategies for earned income opportunities;
- Assist in the development and management of Embrace Boston’s budgets, financial forecasts, and performance metrics;
- Under the direction of the Director of Operations will manage projects; providing clear communications, build relationships and consensus with internal and external partners, and provide collaborative leadership;
- Under the direction of the Director of Operations, conduct risk analysis, identify and suggest mitigations to operational risks;
- Participate in various other Embrace Boston activities as needed including representing the organization externally
- Ability to effectively leverage social media platforms – features, best practices, demographics – for business development;
- Utilizes creativity and attention to detail to work collaboratively with others; and
- Ability to effectively communicate messages or concepts with internal and external stakeholders.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position will perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- 3-5 years professional work experience in a related field;
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and implementing complex activities;
- Demonstrated successful project management skills;
- Ability to organize and coordinate projects with multiple components;
- Experience with professional operational policies and procedure design and implementation;
- Budget management skills, including financial forecasts, performance metrics, and earned income opportunities analysis;
- Ability to coordinate teamwork and work as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct a risk analysis and suggest risk mitigation options;
- Computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products. Skill with Outlook, Excel and Power Point required;
- Understanding of and commitment to the Embrace Boston’s mission;
- A creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- A participative work style and the ability to receive feedback;
- Resourceful and able to work independently; and
- Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work for long periods of time at a workstation;
- Ability to use a computer monitor and keyboard for long periods of time: and
- Ability to work onsite and remotely, as required.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.