Manage a diverse range of responsibilities and assignments to support the President’s leadership, both internally and externally to advance various dimensions of the Foundation’s work while serving as a thought leader and advisor to the VP / Special Assistant. Serve as Corporate Secretary for the Board of Directors, managing a wide range of activities.
- Serve as Secretary to the Foundation’s Board of Directors, anticipating and managing the flow and preparation of all Board and Committee meeting materials with the President, Senior Management team and others as needed;
- Work in Partnership with the Executive Assistant for the Office of the President to document all Board of Directors official communications, manage the Board of Directors Boardvantage digital portal;
- Serve as a principal writer for the Office of the President;
- Serve as a thought partner to the VP and Special Assistant to the President on Board of Directors matters and other matters in the Office of the President;
- Oversee the planning for the annual Board of Directors Dinner;
- Serve as a primary liaison and planning partner with the Human Resources team from the Office of the President;
- Hire and manage one or more interns to assist with researching and briefing needs for the Office of the President;
- Assist the VP and Special Assistant to the President with the operational planning process and related budgeting needs;
- Represent the OOP on cross-foundational committees as assigned;
- Work with external foundation partners and associated projects as assigned; and
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned by the VP and Special Assistant to the President.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; and
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Maturity and leadership capacity – able to think strategically and collaborate with and influence others to achieve the Foundation’s objectives;
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage change successfully;
- Excellent writing skills and proven track record of collecting, synthesizing and structuring multiple sources of information and analysis in various formats to inform actions;
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent data and computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Windows suite of products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Strong initiative and ability to anticipate, multitask and prioritize without direct supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and under the pressure of tight deadlines and to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Project management capability to help a group of individuals achieve an outcome on a timeline;
- Ability to creatively think about and approach problems and assigned projects;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion;
- Mature interpersonal style and ability to interact well with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders;
- Commitment to the Foundation’s goals and objectives; and
- Experience working in or with government, nonprofit and/or philanthropic organizations desired.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit and/or stand at workstation for long periods of time;
- Ability to work remotely and on-site as required;
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds occasionally.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.